La Bastide du Casellas
… Charm and tranquility on the outskirts of Lourmarin …
Recently renovated, Casellas is furnished with great care and has all the facilities and comfort you need for a harmonious holiday in a natural and relaxing environment. Private, without being isolated, it has a large swimming pool and vast land (1.5 ha) with panoramic views.
La Bastide du Casellas has an enviable location in Provence, at the foot of the Luberon mountains and 1.5km from Lourmarin, one of the “Most Beautiful Villages of France”, with its Renaissance castle, its cobbled lanes, famous weekly market and boutique shops and galleries.
This renovated “bastidon” or farmhouse for six people will seduce you with its exceptional 1.5ha of land surrounded by fields and hills. It is a refurbished old stone building with modern comforts and décor. Enjoy the solitude and privacy of the location nestled in the countryside near Lourmarin and Cucuron. Large private grounds offer space to spread out and enjoy the natural surroundings. The interior is open, airy and sophisticated while not at all pretentious. Relax at the outdoor dining table or around the pool in the large garden with lovely mountain view.
The house, which has wi-fi, air-conditioning and under-floor heating, is a single story with a mezzanine level. The spacious living room has armchairs and sofas and a 4m-wide bay window opening onto the garden. A large open-plan kitchen is equipped with dishwasher, hob, oven, microwave, fridge, toaster, kettle, and a large oak table and chairs.
Casellas has three bedrooms and three bathrooms. The main bedroom with 160cm double bed has a bathroom en suite, with shower, basin and WC. There is a beautiful second double bedroom, also with a 160cm bed. The two double bedrooms each have their own TV and DVD player. A third loft bedroom has twin 90cm beds. There is also a large mezzanine area that can accommodate an extra guest or two.
The large family bathroom has a shower bath, two basins, large mirror, cupboard, washing machine and dryer. There is a separate WC.
Outside there is a beautiful private swimming pool of 11x4.5m nestled in a garden on 1.5ha of land surrounded by hills and fields. There is plenty of shade, including a large arbour of trees and lovely shady areas around the house, including for parking cars.
In summer you’ll probably spend much of your time outdoors – choose from the separate picnic area, an outdoor lounge area and other outdoor seating and dining areas – there are 3 tables and 12 chairs, 4 sunbeds and 6 deck chairs outside, so there's plenty of choice!
There’s also a gas barbeque for grilling, plus a boules court and table tennis for entertainment.
- Bedroom 1 - Queen bed with en-suite bathroom (shower, sink, WC) and small satellite flat screen TV
- Bedroom 2 - Queen bed with separate bathroom (tub with shower, 2 sinks, WC) and small satellite flat screen TV
- Bedroom 3 - Queen bed with en-suite bathroom (shower, sink, WC)
- An office / reading room is located on a mezzanine above the sitting room.
- Main living area air-conditioned
- Broadband WiFi Internet
- Satellite TV, Zone 2 Euro DVD, CD player
- Washing Machine, Iron & Ironing Board
- Fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher and microwave
- Indoor dining for 6 people
- Baby Crib/ Cot if requested
- Outdoor dining for 6 people
- Shaded area around the pool
- Private off-street parking
- Nature walks from the house
- Gas Grill
- Dimensions: 4.5m x 11m
- Depth: Deep end - 6 feet, shallow end - 3 feet
- Electric security cover
- Not heated
- Note: A beach area of pool 6 inches deep x 2 meters creates an ultra shallow area for young (adult supervised) children to play
- Weekly cleaning is included. Inquire for extra maid hours at 15 euros per hour. Linens changed weekly unless agreed otherwise. Maids not responsible for washing guest dishes/ pots/ pans or personal laundry.
|Minimum stay:||7 nights|
|Parking:||Private parking on the property|
|Appliances:||Washer/dryer, Microwave, Hairdryer|
|Linen:||All linen supplied|
The change-over day for this property is Saturday. Bookings will be taken for a week (7 nights) at a time. Submit your booking enquiry to receive a summary by email. We will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm your request.
To reserve the dates, we require a 50% deposit, with the balance to be paid at least 30 days prior to your check-in date. By paying the deposit, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.
We also ask for a €500 security deposit, payable with the final balance payment (or in cash on arrival by prior arrangement), which will be returned to you within 7 days if the property is vacated in good order at check-out.
- Nov-Feb - €1,150 per week (Christmas and New Year weeks are €1,760)
- March-May and Sept-Oct - €1,760 per week
- Jun-Aug - €2,700 per week
Please submit a booking enquiry using the form below. Enter your dates using the format yyyy-mm-dd.
Thank you for renting our home in Provence! We'd love to hear about your stay at La Bastide du Casellas. Please give us feedback about your holiday - tell us what you liked about the property, what can be improved on, and share anything that you think would be useful for our future guests to know.